This engine is used to power the Mi-28N and Ka-52 helicopters as well as upgrading the Mi-14, Mi-17, Mi-24, Mi-28, Ka-32, Ka-50 and Ka-50-2 helicopters.
The turboshaft is a higher-power upgraded version of widely known TV3-117VMA turboshaft. It is one of the world’s best turboshafts as regards its fuel efficiency and weight performances.
Profound experience in mass-producing and operating the base engine along with applying an up-to-date control system have enabled to raise operating performances and ensure high dependability and extensive service life.
Main advantages of the engine:
- low specific fuel consumption;
- low weight-to-power ratio;
- high reliability;
- long service life;
- high maintainability;
- high repairability;
- steady operation in harsh dust and smoke conditions;
- possibility of long-lasting maritime operation;
- sustaining constant power at high ambient temperatures in the mountainous terrain.
*System of engine automatic control gives the possibility of adjusting the takeoff power as follows:2,400; 2,200 and 2,000 hp (depending on the engine application).