It is designed to power the Bå-200 mul t ipurpose amphibian.
The engine complies with both effective and future ICAO requirements for aircraft engine noise and emission parameters.
Main advantages of the engine:
- Low SFC and low weight-to-thrust ratio;
- High reliability due to long experience in operating the D-36 engine of similar class;
- Low noise and emissions;
- Easy maintenance, high efficiency of the monitoring and diagnostics system;
- Steady operation in event of sudden airflow temperature inversions at engine inlet when fighting forest fires;
- Availability of multi-purpose engine mounts allowing for installation in various aircraft on underwing or overwing pylons, in fuselage or on either side of the fuselage without any changes in the engine design;
- Operability in maritime conditions;
- Low operating costs and long service life.