It is intended for installation in An-148 aircraft of family used by regional and short-haul routs.
It is actually the further modification of D-436T1 engines installed in Tu-334 plane.
The engine complies with both effective and future ICAO requirements for aircraft engine noise and emission performances.
Main advantages of the engine:
- Low specific fuel consumption and low weight-to-thrust ratio;
- High reliability due to long experience in operating the D-36 engine of similar class;
- Low levels of emission and noise;
- Easy maintenance and high effectivity of monitoring and diagnostic system;
- Universal mount for installing the engine on various airplanes in underwing or overwing, fuselage or side positions without changing the engine design;
- Low operating costs at long service life.