AI9-3B auxiliary gas-turbine engine is designed for the An-140 airplanes and other airplanes and helicopters.
The gas-turbine engine has been developed on the background of vast experience in manufacturing and operating the AI-9 base gas-turbine engine and it brings about low production costs, high reliability, and long service life.
The gas-turbine engine is used for starting aircraft propulsion engines and conditioning crew cabin and passenger compartment together with powering airborne electric equipment.
Use of AI9-3B gas-turbine engine provides for:
- expansion of the range of aircraft utilization;
- reduction of propulsion engines operating time;
- improvement of safe aircraft maintenance;
- reduced expenditures for auxiliary ground facilities and maintenance manpower;
- availability of additional air and electric power source in flight up to 6000 m.